9/30/10

How to Paint Cabinets




I did a little research before I painted my cabinets, because I would like for it to stay! So, the following is what I read most commonly: Wash them with TSP substitute before you start. If your cabinets are in the kitchen, you want to wash them a couple times to get all the built up grime, and grease off. Then, use this product called a De-Glosser. It takes the place of sanding. (I Loved not having to sand the cabinets down first). Then, to help decrease brush/roller marks, add Floetrol to your paint. And always use a foam roller.



Here it is broken down:



Step 1: Wash with TSP



Step 2: Use Deglosser



Step 3: Prime (as many coats as you wish)



Step 4: Paint (as many coats as you wish)



Step 5: If wanting more of a gloss look, add polyurethane. This also helps protect it.




There you have it! That is what I learned, and so far it has worked for me! Hope that helps, and is simple enough for all of you out there who want to paint your cabinets to!



~Elisa~

No comments:

Post a Comment