9/4/10

The Garden











These pictures were actually taken a few weeks ago, and everything has grown quite a bit since then, but the plants are kind of growing out of control again this year. They just get HUGE. I think by now, my tomatoes are at least 6 feet tall. But they have LOTS on them! So I will be making some yummy marinara sauces in the next couple weeks. Can't wait! Anyways, this is the first year I have tried Dahlias. And not just regular dahlias, bu the large blooms, and the dinner size dahlias. I have gotten 1 pink one, and the rest are purple and yellow. I planted white, but every flower I had planted this year white has turned yellow. I don't understand it! I even bought a white snapdragon that was in bloom when I purchased it, so I could see it was white. Then after it's first bloom, the second bloom grew back yellow! If you have any ideas of what could have caused this please let me know! Anyways, I love yellow, so I wasn't too dissapointed, but I would have liked to have a couple white ones. My spring Gladiolas came up white, but everything else yellow. Since Dahlias are a fall blooming flower, I am sure I will be getting some more pink as well. And don't you just love my thrift store vases? I LOVE them almost as much as I Love my dahlias, and I LOVE flowers!

No comments:

Post a Comment