2/12/11

The "Girls" Bathroom

Since My Hubby sleeps during the day, I have basically taken over the girls bathroom with them. So for 3 of us sharing the bathroom, we had to make things work and fit a bit better. The before picture is of the bathroom when we first built the house. Very simple and builder grade-ish. I wanted it to be more clean and open feeling, and I LOVE white cabinets. The color the cabinets were are my least favorite color (I think). I prefer white, dark wood, or painted. I for some reason, am just not a fan of the oak. So.... I finally convinced my hubby to let me paint the cabinets white. And I LOVE how much brighter it is in there.

~Elisa~
Before: (the walls were all the same beige, and the shower curtain was brown.)
 After: I found the white shelf above the toilet at a thriftstore for $6(I painted it white, it was a nasty old beat up wood), added a shelf ($0) I had above the towelrack (baskets filled with hair accessories for the princesses), painted ($9) the turquoise accent walls and made a curtain to match the recovered step stool (a fabric remnant for $3), put up a new shower curtain ($12)
 Primed and painted the cabinets (leftover paint $0), added the decorative sticks ($2), hung 2 hooks for towels ($3) and blew up a picture of one of my girls ($3).
So... the grand total for this makeover was: $38. Not bad on the budget at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment