Ok, this is how the dress started. It was a halter style, but was too snug around the ribs. there was lots of fabric on the lower section, because it had been gathered so it would flare. i wasn't able to give up the dress yet, because I loved the fabric, so i decided to change it into a skirt with matching headband. first i unattatched the halter part from the bottom, Then I just sewed the bottom to a piece of elastis I measured around my oldests waist, so they could both wear it. Reatached the ribbon to act as a belt when my younger one wears the skirt, and it was already hemmed! It was very easy and didn't take me long at all. Then I used the halter part to make the headband. Since it was double sided, all I had to do was sew it to my desired lenth, and then use the extra cut off fabric to make the flowers. They are just torn strips of fabric layered to look like a flower, and then a button placed in the middle. I made it long enough so I could wear the headband to, And it is super cute on both little girl and adult. I just may have to borrow it a time or two!
Sorry to say, but i wasn't too impressed the recipe i was going to post that sounded delicous! I am finally starting to feel better, so i have started projects again! There are a few more that I have done that I can't post pictures of because they are presents for people who look at this blog! So here is my first official post of being back to work! (well, back to projects at least) I forgot to take process pictures, but i will explain what I did. I also haven't gotten a good after picture she would keep the headband on for. But I will work on that, and post one later.
Sorry I have been missing in action. We are almost 8 weeks along in the pregnancy of our third child! Super exciting, but it has kept me a little under the weather, and has basically put a halt to all my painting projects, and I have ALOT of those on my list to do! So I will try to get back in the swing of things soon, as soon as this morning sickness (more like all day) goes away! I think I am starting to feel a little better, but that is really just some days are better than others. I have a recipe I will post today or tomorrow that is YUMMY! I had enough energy to do that as my project for the day. So stay tuned. And once again, sorry i have been missing in action for those of you who follow along.
Sorry I have been absent from posting. I have been feeling a little under the weather, and unmotivated lately, but I have still been busy. I had started this project like a year ago, made the covers, a few pages, and then stopped. Then finally I decided to just Work, work, work on them until they were done. So now I can say that I am done! We had an activity at church were they had ideas to use and follow a pattern (I think). But I do better without patterns. So I took a few of the ideas from church, and then did my own spin on the books. I made up my covers, made the pages bigger, and put them on rings instead of sewing them to the outside of the book. Some of the pages are the same, but different, and then some are completely different. I still have lots of ideas, but they are already kind of stuffed with fun stuff. The good thing about having them on the binder rings is that I can change pages out when they get bored!We'll have to see on Sunday at church how well that hard work paid off. If they keep us QUIET, then I know it did!